The children in nursery have been learning about and celebrating Chinese New Year this week.
We have taken part in a range of activities such as:
- Role play games in our Chinese takeaway.
- Using chopsticks to pick up pom poms.
- Exploring the red rice, using the brushes to make marks.
- Using tweezers to pick up jewels from the red water.
- Using tweezers to pick up coins from the glittery red sand.
- Finding golden jewels hidden in the red dough.
- Exploring picking up noodles with chop sticks.
- Creating red lanterns.
- Using masks to recreate the Chinese Zodiac Race story.
- Painting Chinese symbols with feathers and black paint.
- Trying to copy Chinese numerals.