The staff and governors would like to welcome your child to Windy Nook Primary School.
Our school caters for pupils from 3 years to 11 years of age. There are currently 309 pupils on roll, plus a 52 place Nursery, with the capacity for 26 children in the morning and 26 children in the afternoon.
The present school site was opened as a Primary School in 1993, on the existing Infant School site. Our facilities are extensive, and include: a community room which is used regularly by members of the extended school community; a library which caters for the needs of the whole school; a computer suite, which greatly enhances the Information and Communication Technology opportunities for all our children and staff; and extensive grounds which are constantly being developed.
Our school was last inspected in September 2013. The inspectors found the following:
- This is a good school.
- This is an improving school, pupils’ achievement is rising in all three key stages and the provision for Early Years Foundation Stage is now good.
- The proportion of pupils who are making better progress in mathematics than would normally be expected is substantially above average.
- Achievement in literacy is improving across the school, particularly in Reading.
- Teaching is good across the school because lessons are well planned and designed to capture the interest of pupils.
- Behaviour is good in lessons, and it is exceptional when pupils move around the school between classrooms. Pupils feel safe.
- The Headteacher has secured improvements in teaching and pupils’ achievement through effective delegation across the staff, because the efficient management of the school rests not just with one person, but with an effective team of people, including the members of the governing body.
We believe in working in partnership with our parents, and welcome you into school at any time to discuss issues which concern you. We expect our parents, pupils and staff to sign a copy of our home school agreement when they join our school, as we believe this commitment from home and school enhances our working partnership.
We hope your time with us will be extremely happy and fulfilling.
Mrs. Lucie Forrest (Head Teacher)